About the CFNA
The Cystic Fibrosis Nursing Association (UK and Ireland) (CFNA) has been set up to develop a national perspective and evaluation of the role of nursing within the field of CF.
The group has been established to provide the opportunity for nurses caring for people with cystic fibrosis to:
- Increase the knowledge and skills of members to enhance their contribution to nursing and improve nursing care for all CF patients, families, and carers.
- Promote and provide educational opportunities for its members.
- Act as a resource.
- Offer support and advice to each other.
- Promote the provision of evidence based nursing care.
- Promote, carry out and disseminate research.
- Provide financial support, in the form of a grant, to assist in the education of nurses within the speciality.
- Have representation on the various national committees/working parties.
Any registered nurse who is working within the field of Cystic Fibrosis is eligible to become a member of the group. If you wish to join the group please fill in and complete the online registration form below.
If you have any comments or suggestions about this website, please email any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want the website to provide what people need to be part of the group so letting us know is very important
Please read our Terms of Reference
Message from Michelle Fawdon - CFNA Chair
Hello and welcome to the Cystic Fibrosis Nursing Associate (CFNA) website.
My name is Michelle Fawdon and I am the current Chair of the CFNA. I took over this role from Charlie Dawson in September 2019 following some time spent as vice-chair and regional rep for the North-East of England. I currently work as an adult CFNS at the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and have been in this position for over 5 years.
Please take time to familiarise yourself with the website, I wholly encourage using the forums and speaking with other nurses across the country as this is a great way to keep up to date and learn from others. You can now also find us on Twitter (@CFNA16) please give us a follow and feel free to tweet away.
Keep checking for regular updates regarding future study days, unfortunately because of COVID this year’s study days were postponed but we are hoping to hold this next October but I will keep you all updated so watch this space.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with either myself or your regional rep.
Thank you and I hope you all stay safe during these uneasy times